Home > About Our School > Departments > Character Guidance
Our Approach to Discipline
We accord high premium on our students’ discipline and strive to nurture self-discipline in every Kranjian to bring out the best in each child. Effective discipline is based on a consistent philosophy which the school endeavours to provide a Safe and Healthy Environment for our students.
We aim to promote the School Values to our students - R³CIP (Respect, Responsibility, Resilience, Compassion, Integrity and Passion for Learning) which covers the following basic philosophy for developing good discipline in students:
- The goal of discipline is to teach students how to develop self-regulation.
- Discipline is a learning process to develop students' thinking and moral compass.
- A whole-school, multi-faceted approach is required.
A key strategy for developing good discipline is to build our students’ Social and Emotional (SEL) Competencies by:
- creating a supportive and structural environment;
- teaching values, social and emotional skills;
- providing opportunities for students to exercise good behaviour; and
- guiding and re-orientating students through restorative practices who have erred in their behaviours.
Engagement with Stakeholders
Consistent collaboration with various stakeholders is paramount in effective discipline. This includes partnerships with families and external agencies to help our students become self-disciplined individuals of good character and uphold the school values.