Clubs and Societies
Established in 2016, Art Club provides the opportunity for students to meet after school to work on special art projects and to share art experiences with their fellow students, and also serves as a platform for students to showcase their talent and expand their knowledge in art and art-making through different mediums such as spray painting, impressionist painting, ceramic, photography, sculpture and etc. As part of building appreciation and awareness of art in the society, students also visit museums to look at art exhibitions and participated in external competitions which enrich their learning and broaden their exposure to the different art forms.
In line with the English Department’s mission to develop Kranjians into confident speakers who are able to articulate their opinions and ideas clearly and effectively, the Public Speaking and Debates Programme was launched in 2016, with the following objectives:
• To develop students’ interest and competencies in public speaking and debating
• To equip students with skills in research, critical thinking and argumentative writing
• To provide opportunities for students to participate in national/inter-school debating competitions
Currently, the Programme has evolved into an interest group which meets twice weekly. The students are guided by a qualified debates coach, and are taught more extensively about the techniques of debate and public speaking. They also get to debate on motions covering a wide range of topics and issues, such as politics, culture, health, and education. The school actively seeks out opportunities for students to participate in national/inter-school debating competitions so as to enable them to gain exposure and develop confidence in debating.
KRANJI PRODUCTION TECHNICAL TEAM
The Kranji Production Technical Team (KPTT) is an innovative CCA body that renders audio technical support in various school events and functions, such as morning assemblies, talks, event celebrations and music broadcast. Comprising a dynamic team of students and teachers, KPTT provides a platform to equip students who are interested in the technical aspect of stage production with skills to contribute to the school and it believes in working harmoniously together as one unit. KPTT also coordinates with other CCAs and lend support in major school performances, and through exposure to working at professional stage spaces, its members also acquire rich learning and expertise in backstage and technical crew work.
Usually the first to set up and the last to terminate its services and leave, KPTT is the unsung hero of the many successes experienced by the school, and their duties include:
• Providing public address service during daily school activities such as flag-raising, assembly programs and school events
• Providing stage and event management for school events
• Providing sound and light equipment and services for internal and external school productions and events
Media Innovation provides quality service to the school and the community by empowering Kranjians to integrate media and ICT tools with innovative ideas and solutions. The students are exposed to a wide variety of skills such as Journalism photography, Advance (DSLR) photography, Videography and video editing, Graphics Designing and Digital Animation as part of their regular training, and often called upon to provide their technical expertise in supporting the various school and CCA functions and events.
Their duties include:
• Provide photography/filming support for school and community events
• Create video clips/montages of events
• Photography/Animation competition
• Participation in School Digital Media Awards