Home > Admissions > Direct School Admission (DSA)
Direct School Admission (DSA)
2019 DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION (DSA)
The Direct School Admission Exercise for Secondary School (DSA-Sec) allows students to seek admission to Kranji Secondary School on the basis of talents and achievements that may not be demonstrated at the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE).
We are accepting applications for 2019 DSA-Sec in the following categories:
CCA - Sports
Submit your child’s application through the DSA-Sec Portal from 8 May 2019 (9am) to 4 June 2019 (3pm). For more info, please visit: https://beta.moe.gov.sg/dsa/
Follow these steps to apply:
1. Log in to the DSA-Sec portal with your SingPass. For parents with no Singpass, please approach your child’s Primary School or MOE Customer Service Center (https://www.moe.gov.sg/contact) for assistance.
2. You can indicate up to 3 choices and 3 talent areas.
3. You may indicate up to 2 talent areas for the same secondary school. If you are keen to apply for 2 talent areas offered by the school, you must indicate both talent areas as separate choices.
4. You may provide information for up to 10 non-school based activities and achievements which are related to your child's chosen talent areas.
5. There is no need to submit any supporting documents during application. Your child's primary school records (for example, P5 and P6 academic results, CCA, school-based activities, achievements or awards) will be automatically shared with the schools.
6. Enter your contact details correctly. This allows the schools to contact you if your child is shortlisted for the selection process.
7. You can update, withdraw and re-submit your application during the application period.
8. If you are unable to apply online, approach your child's primary school for assistance.
*Shortlisted applicants will be notified to attend trials and interviews (if applicable).
*The school's decision on the offer is final. The school reserves the right not to disclose the reason for non-selection of an applicant or to release the results of the trials.
Schedule for DSA Exercise
|Start of DSA application||08 May 2019|
|Closing date of DSA application||04 June 2019|
|Notification of short-listed candidates||01 to 10 July 2019|
|Trials/Interviews||11 July to 30 August 2019|
|Notification of outcome of selection||Before 30 August 2019|
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Please note that:
Students successfully allocated to their DSA-Sec schools
a. will NOT be allowed to participate in the annual S1 Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools, and are expected to honour the commitment to the allocated DSA Sec school for the entire duration of the programme.
b. will NOT be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results.
For further enquiries, please call the school at 67662464.